Sunday, June 3, 2012

Update

Green & Red Bell Peppers & Slicing Cukes
Hey friends!

Picked up some more things for the garden. I haven't tilled, but time is going quick, so I'm going to just go out, dig what I can & get these plants in the grounds. I also bought some delicious smelling Basil, but that's going on the patio with the lettuce & cilantro. So, back in the garden, I'll have: tomatoes, cukes, & the peppers. I know I said I was kinda nervous about the new neighbors back near my garden, but things seems pretty tame now, so I'm gonna go for it. Everything will be fine.

I also picked up some Geraniums, Impatients for some pots. My Marigolds seems to have died??? What the hell? Those are the easiest things to grow. I don't know what went wrong, but I'm ripping them out & replacing them with Begonias. I'm so impatient - if things don't do what they're sposed to, I'm done (LOL!) I want constant color & dammit - that's what I'll have! Lol.

My Boston Ferns hanging on the porch look puny. What's the deal? I discovered this year that they need to be watered from the bottom up - watering from the top cause the water to just run right out the bottom. So I've been sitting them in a bucket & letting them soak up from the bottom. Then of course, I have to mist them daily. They're a lot of work, but I like the look. Just wish they would perk up.

Choleus basket
I treated the yard to this GORGEOUS hanging Choleus basket. I normally shy away from these cuz they're so expensive. But this beauty was marked down to $12 & the lady talked me into it for shade purposes. She said fertilize once a week w/MiracleGro & it will "take off." Sounds good to me.

Then "D" took a shepherd's hook & placed in the middle of the back of the yard & it looks awesome. I'm so blind when it comes to 'style'. I stick to the rules & put everything along the fence. When he brought it to the middle of the yard, it just popped! Breaks the yard up so it doesn't look so bare under the willow.

Okay - that's all I have for now. Will update once I get the plants in the ground. TO-DAY!! Please come back again :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment