Friday, July 20, 2012

Excellent Caladiums. Low maintenance.
 Remember me? I don't blame you if you don't.

With having fire-type heat this summer, and a garden plot that turned hard as cement, I had to let the gardening go. Everything I planted (cukes, spinach, tomatoes) died a quick & tragic death! Lol.

I do have a couple of pots of herbs though. The basil is out of control (I need to look into what to do with an over abundance of it), sage & chives share another pot. Sage is doing great; chives are puny.

The Red Gerbera Daisy
 Off the patio where I planted tiny coral bells, a huge bush of lemon balm sprouted, along with a huge leaf of something I don't recognize. The L.balm smells great and has sprouted super tiny white flowers. I've read where it can be put in tea. Worth a try.

With the rains for the past 2 days - everything got revived, but the grass is still a scream. It's like ugly yellow hay, hard & crunchy. We need rain consistently for a few days.
 I did a lot of pots this summer. They're everywhere, all different sizes and shapes. And nearly all terra cotta (pot snobbery). I'm proud of the color splashes I wanted. And I liked throwing different things in 1 pot & watch it blend.

Very Better Homes & Garden....:-)

Tons 'o fresh basil

A good blend

My 1st thriving Hibiscus tree. A bloom only for a day.


Lemon balm. Smells heavenly.

My 1st Million Belles.

A rescued Tuberose Begonia

Flowers seem intended for the solace of ordinary humanity.  ~John Ruskin

Pictures by: me

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tracey, Stunning Photography :D Love your blog, glad I found it x **New Follower via GFC**
    Bookishtimes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you SO MUCH, BookishTimes! Welcome & please come again :-)

    ReplyDelete