Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Outdoor Randoms

Hey friends!!!

Not too much going on here @ 'the farm.' I'm torn between wanting to put my tomatoes in the garden or not. Last year, they didn't do well - I had very few & they weren't that big. Hell, it was easier to get them @ Green Farms. The plants grew taller than me, but not much more.

I'm thinking it's because the garden area is soooo "rooty." Yes, its a good space, but it's the rooting ground of the "mighty willow." When I tried to till w/the pitch fork, it was hell. I dread renting that HUGE roto tiller again. They don't rent any smaller it seems. That thing was a beast, but it did the job. Exhale.

In the meanwhile, the tomatoes sit in their bio-degradable pot they came in, blooming yellow flowers, ready to get their grow on.

The cilantro & lettuce growing on the patio is taking OFF. I pick lettuce daily to mix w/my spinach salad for lunch & the more I pick, the faster it grows. Love it.


Meanwhile, my fab Hibiscus seems to love life in it's huge pot. I already know its moods; too much water & the leaves curl up; just enough & I get plenty of blooms like this. I have to accept that they bloom & die all in a day. Impermanence....

Suddenly something sprouted that smells like Lemon Mint. Mild, but def. strong lemon. I freak out when something sprouts & I can't remember what it is! Lol! I take anything & everything folks pass along to me. I wouldn't want to make a poison mint tea!
Until next time. I hope to have more progress to share. And sorry the pics look so grainy - I switch between the Sony & Canon, daily, and I'm not yet used to the Canon. Practice make perfect. With pictures & growing! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment