Sunday, May 20, 2012

"Patio Garden Lettuce & Cilanto"
I decided to pot my patio lettuce & cilantro together. The lettuces grow so fast, it's good to have it right outside the door to constantly use it. And with my new cilantro obsession, it's all good. 

Before the mighty willow grew 100 ft. tall, I used to have an herb garden right outside the door; chives, thyme, basil - everything. Now I'm thinking I want to put them all in terra cotta around the patio. But last year, the oregano did great in the ground.

Mary clearly had more than one little lamb... (Lol!)
It's a challenge making my entire yard look nice when so much of it is shaded by the willow. NOTHING grows under there; I can't tell you the amount of $$ & years we spent trying to grow grass. It's just too "rooty" with the trees, but I wouldn't give up their beauty & much-need shade for anything. If I ever live in another house, I would hope to have such shade. I'm in love with the willow. I try to pretty the yard up with shepherd hooks w/hanging plants; an old bedspread & fat pillows on the red swing. "D" says he likes it - it looks "rustic."

No comments:

Post a Comment