Wednesday, May 16, 2012

 Howdy!

Just some random thoughts on the garden end of things:

This is my first Hibiscus tree, braided at that. I am soooo happy with it. I have a huge pot I want to put it in. The nursery said they actually prefer pots, so that way when winter sets in, I can just bring the whole pot inside. I am also limited on sunshine in the back yard, so we'll see how it goes.

I'm feeling a little leery about my garden space this year. The garden is behind my garage where I can't see it and a new family of wild children have moved in. :-( I want the garden, of course, but I always want to continue being a good neighbor. Kids who don't respect property of others make me not a good neighbor (LOL!).

So far for planting, I have spinach, lettuces (for the patio), tomatoes & cilantro. I never
realized how much I loved until I used it over the winter.

Lastly for now - what are the odds that I would find TWO robin's eggs this Spring? Aren't the beautiful? The nest was one that was left behind so I kept in on the patio & put the first egg inside. The second one fell out of a tree @ the office. I was going to get it, but when I came back the next day - it was gone. More than likely, some "woody wild thing" ate it. Scream.

Will continue to post as I progress. I hope you join me. :-)!!

No comments:

Post a Comment