Saturday, October 22, 2011






Greetings! Today Son & I spent 3 hours outside attacking the yard. Three T-shirts under my sweat shirt on this sunny, cool (cold) day, but got the following missions accomplished:
  • dumped dirt out of the terra cottas so they don't freeze & shatter.
  • dumped the geraniums & pulled the impatients even though they still had strong color
  • I left the zinnias (they're so "fall colored")
  • I'm glad mom took the big green/purple choleus (I want my pot back, mom) She can keep them alive over the winter; I don't have that kind of luck
  • saved a pot of dirt to put rosemary in when I dig it up in the morning. I'm sure it can keep growing in the kitchen over winter
  • cut the grass one last time (impulse move)
  • pulled down the HUMONGOUS ball of morning glory vine off the shrubs. I swept up enough seeds to reseed Texas. I dump the seeds back where they grew from. That's probably why the vines are almost like chain
  • raked the back yard; son bagged 4 huge lawn/leaf bags
  • put the swing's cushions away
  • refilled the bird feeder & threw out stale bread for the squirrels (good & bad idea)
  • swept the entire sidewalk, driveway & patio (a LOT of sweeping)
  • felt good down in my soul :-)


Pictures by me :-)

2 comments:

  1. What gorgeous fall pictures! And congrats on getting all that work done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda!!! Thanks for coming by!! By the way, I've been to you place & it is GOR-GEE-US!!! (LOL!) I'm so glad you found me, so I could find you! I truly felt good after getting all that work done. I'm an 'outside' girl' :-)

    ReplyDelete