Thursday, October 20, 2011






Good morning folks! I simply cannot believe we're winding down October already!!! Time is flying so quickly. I am sharing some more of the last of our Fall. Even though a lot of the trees are still green, last week's wind/rain took a lot of them down, so we missed our portion of color. There are still things here & there that I try to catch where ever I see them.

This weekend is sposed to only be in the 50's, but I MUST break down the yard & patio. It involves something like this:
  • dump all dirt out of pots into the garden
  • rinse out, dry & put terra cotta pots in the basement
  • maybe use another Shepherd's Hook for another bird feeder for winter
  • put patio furniture in the garage
  • wrap all porch/patio cushions in giant plastic bags
  • put wicker porch furniture in basement
  • pull up & throw away all plants (impatients, zennias, choleus)
  • bring huge porch plant inside for winter. It hates winter heat & goes into shock until spring, when it pops back to life
  • pull up & throw away anything left in garden. I got the last of the hot peppers. The harvest has officially ended (weeping). Lol!
  • Put "4 'o clock" seeds in the ground; see if they come out in the spring
  • Rake, rake and rake some more. With four trees, including the M.W. (mighty willow), raking is mandatory - constantly.
Well, this is all I have for now. I still have more Fall to share, so please check back soon. :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment